How to Consign with Us
Getting cash for your impeccable sense of style isn’t the only benefit of becoming a consignor! Consigning clothing in excellent condition is a great way to practice sustainable lifestyle habits by extending the life of your garments and keeping them out of landfills. Consign with us at Persimmon to declutter your closet, support a local business, and help other fabulous shoppers like yourself develop their unique sense of style.
After you read the Consignor Agreement, book an appointment to come in with your first batch of items and to have us set up your account in our consignment portal. Consignment intake for new consignors is by appointment ONLY*.
Your items will be on sale at Persimmon for 60+ days. After that time, your items will be donated to a local charity. We do not notify consignors when their items are due to expire, so if this is important to you, please put this on your calendar.
When your items sell, you'll get 50% of the profits! For payments less than $50, we’ll pay you in cash. For any amount over $50, we will pay you via check. Consignors are responsible for requesting the balance of their account and requesting payment.
Is there anything you DON’T accept?
While we do accept a wide variety of women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories, there are certain items we do not accept.
• Traditional professional office wear (suits, unless they can be sold as separates)
• Used swimsuits
• Wedding gowns and other formalwear
• Used intimates and most pajamas (including socks, tights, undergarments)
We occasionally accept high-end costume jewelry that is non-precious metals and stones (Brighton is a good example), but we prefer sterling silver, gold, and other non-reactive materials like fabric, thread, wool, etc. Swimsuits and socks may be accepted ONLY if they are brand-new in the packaging.
What condition should my items be in?
Items should be in excellent like-new condition. We have high standards for what we’ll take, so be sure to pre-screen your items and do your best to ensure they are in ready-to-sell condition.
At the time of the drop off, all items must meet the following standards – no exceptions:
• Freshly laundered or dry cleaned as appropriate
• No stains/odors, holes or tears, broken zippers, missing buttons or other fasteners that affect the usability of the item
• Items with excessive pet hair or smelling of smoke or mildew will not be accepted – NO EXCEPTIONS
• Clothing should be neatly folded in bags, bins, or boxes – please do not shove items tightly into containers as this may cause wrinkles in garments
• Shoes must be paired together
• Jewelry must be in good condition (minimal tarnish, no obvious flaws) and earrings must be in pairs; pendants should ideally come with a chain, but this is not 100% required depending on the quality of the pendant
How many items can I bring in?
Due to staffing and storage limitations, we must set standards for item limits.
• If dropping by with no appointment, please limit items to under 10.
• Small appointments may bring UP TO 20 items.
• Large appointments may bring UP TO 50 items. Anything larger than that requires special advance approval from staff; please call after making your Large appointment online to verify that we will have time on your chosen day to review everything.
• There are no Large appointments on Saturdays, because this is our busiest sales day, but if you need us to make an exception, please call and we will schedule an appointment for you.
What other information should I keep in mind?*
• *If you choose to have all unaccepted items donated, we may accept consignment intake outside of regular consignment hours.
• There is a $0.50 processing fee for checks. If you need the check to be mailed, the total processing cost will be $1.50.
• Consignors have one year from the date of most recent item sold to request payment for any balance on their account. After a year, your balance will expire and revert to the shop. Contact us if you feel you need special consideration.
• You may choose to use your balance as in-store credit, but we cannot accommodate a payout and use of in-store credit in the same day.
• Jewelry items do not expire in the system; we will put jewelry items on sale when we feel they have been around for too long, and after that, they may be donated if they are lower-value items.
What + When
We accept clothes, shoes, jewelry, bags, scarves, and other select accessories that are in season. We cannot accept most items that are off-season because of limited storage space, so we kindly ask that you return to consign your items at the appropriate time.
The seasonal intake schedule runs:
• September- November: Fall
• December- February: Winter
• March- May: Spring
• June- August: Summer
Our customers love stylish contemporary brands and luxury designer items in excellent condition. This ranges from a classic Talbots or J. Jill style to a more modern Yala or Cabi, to name only a few of the wide range of brands we accept. We also strive for diverse size representation, so we accept ALL adult sizes, including plus-sizes.
OTHER GREAT SELLERS
• High-end sportswear
• Shoes of all sizes
• Jewelry and precious or semi-precious stones
For items with a value above what we can typically sell in-store, we may be able to list them for sale on our website in order to expand the market. Items that have been sold on the website will be pulled from the floor of the shop as soon as we are aware they have been sold.