How to Consign with Us
Getting cash for your impeccable sense of style isn’t the only benefit of becoming a consignor! Consigning clothing in excellent condition is a great way to practice sustainable lifestyle habits by extending the life of your garments and keeping them out of landfills. Consign with us at Persimmon to declutter your closet, support a local business, and help other fabulous shoppers like yourself develop their unique sense of style.
After you read the Consignor Agreement and create your account with us in-store, we’ll book an appointment for you to come in with your goodies! All consignment intake is done by appointment only UNLESS you accept donation for all unaccepted items (this means we can process your items outside of regular business hours).
After you read our Consignor Agreement and create your account with us in-store, we'll book an appointment for you to come in with your goodies! Consignment intake is by appointment only UNLESS you opt to have all unaccepted items donated, in which case we may accept intake after business hours.
For payments less than $50, we’ll pay you in cash. For any amount over $50, we will pay you via check. Consignors are responsible for requesting the balance of their account and for requesting a payment be issued.
What To Bring
We accept clothes, shoes, jewelry, bags, scarves, and other select accessories that are in season. We cannot accept most items that are off-season because of limited storage space, so we kindly ask that you return to consign your items at the appropriate time.
The seasonal intake schedule runs:
• August - October: Fall
• November - January: Winter
• February - April: Spring
• May - July: Summer
What We Take
Our customers love stylish contemporary brands and luxury designer items in excellent condition. This ranges from a classic Talbots or J. Jill style to a more modern Yala or Cabi, to name only a few of the wide range of brands we accept. We also strive for diverse size representation, so we accept ALL adult sizes, including plus-size and maternity clothing.
OTHER GREAT SELLERS
• High-end sportswear
• Shoes of all sizes
• Jewelry and precious or semi-precious stones
For items with a value above what we can typically sell in-store, we may be able to list them for sale on our website in order to expand the market. Items that have been sold on the website will be pulled from the floor of the shop as soon as we are aware they have been sold.
Is there anything you DON’T accept?
While we do accept a wide variety of women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories, there are certain items we do not accept.
• Traditional professional office wear (suits, unless they can be sold as separates)
• Wedding gowns
• Intimates (including socks, tights, undergarments)
We occasionally consign special jewelry that is non-precious metals and stones (Brighton is a good example), but we prefer sterling silver, gold, and other non-reactive materials like fabric, thread, wool, etc. Swimsuits and socks may be accepted ONLY if they are brand-new in the packaging.
What condition should my items be in?
Items should be in excellent like-new condition. We have high standards for what we’ll take, so be sure to pre-screen your items and do your best to ensure they are in ready-to-sell condition.
At the time of the drop off, all items must meet the following standards – no exceptions:
• Freshly laundered or dry cleaned as appropriate
• No stains/odors, holes or tears, broken zippers, missing buttons or other fasteners that affect the usability of the item
• Items with excessive pet hair or smelling of smoke or mildew will not be accepted – NO EXCEPTIONS
• Clothing should be neatly folded in bags, bins, or boxes – please do not shove items tightly into containers as this may cause wrinkles in garments
• Shoes must be paired together
• Jewelry must be in good condition (minimal tarnish, no obvious flaws) and earrings must be in pairs; pendants should ideally come with a chain, but this is not 100% required depending on the quality of the pendant
How many items can I bring in?
Due to capacity and storage limitations, we must set standards for item limits.
• If dropping by with no appointment, please limit items to under 20.
• If you agree to donate all unaccepted items, there is no item limit, as we will have the time after business hours to go through everything.
What other information should I keep in mind?
• We do not notify consignors when their items are due to expire, so if this is important to you, please put this on your calendar.
• There is a $0.50 processing fee for checks. If you need the check to be mailed, the total processing cost will be $1.50.
• Consignors have six months from the date of oldest item sold to request payment for any balance on their account. After six months, your balance will expire and revert to the shop. Contact us if you feel you need special consideration.
• In the next few months, we will implement a new “store credit” or various digital wallet options.